A huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to Big Red Box this year. Big Red Box has managed to collect enough food to make up 1355 boxes, with more boxes still coming in…
This is at least 1355 families who would otherwise go without some of the luxuries at Christmas. Mince pies, Christmas puddings, Chocolates for the kids and the family. Some of the families would struggle to feed their family or even themselves on a regular basis, and the pasta, rice, meat and sauces will go a long way to helping them to do this.
So thank you to everyone who has donated anything to Big Red Box – whether it be food or time. We couldn’t have done it without you.
There is a huge list of people and companies to thank – too many to mention them all, but some people have come to collect food at Supermarkets as well as sort through food and pack boxes more than a dozen times – you know who you are and thank you so much.
We are grateful to the supermarkets who have partnered with us. Some have let us come into their stores and collect food from their customers.
- Sainsbury’s Sydenham – Special thanks to Amanda, Karl, Nick, Paul and the rest of the team as well as the amazingly generous customers who gave so much to Big Red Box 2015
- Sainsbury’s Lee Green – Thanks to Terry, Stacey and the team
- Co-op Downham – Special thanks to Jey and the team
- Waitrose Bromley – Thanks for the donations on behalf of your customers – 100% of the donated money was spent on food for the boxes
Thanks also go to local companies who have adopted Big Red Box as their Christmas charity.
- JP Morgan – provided a truly staggering amount of food. It was hard to count it up, but the two van loads of food was enough to fill 150-200 boxes for local families. As a direct result we were able to expand our donations to charities in Tower Hamlets for the first time
- Direct Line Bromley – provided many boxes of food and items to top up boxes
Thanks also to the schools who grouped together in year groups and classes to donate to Big Red Box – we had some truly impressive donations from schools this year!
- Ravensbourne Primary School
- Adamsrill Primary School
- Baring Primary School
- Dog Kennel Hill Primary School
- Morden Mount Primary School
- Rathfern Primary School
- Ravensbourne Secondary School
- Sandhurst Primary School
- St Michael’s Church of England Primary School
- Trinity Primary School
- Trinity Secondary School
Finally, this is very much a team effort with Simon, Dave & Alice making up the core team in the office – they go above and beyond in ensuring that Big Red Box runs efficiently and do their very best to ensure that boxes get to the right people at the right time. They are Big Red Box heroes.
Please check back early in the new year for a breakdown of what boxes went where, together with some feedback we’ve received from those who gave them out and those who received them.
So thank you, thank you and thank you to everyone who has supported us this year – whether or not you are mentioned above. And we hope and pray that every person who receives a box enjoys their Christmas more than they might otherwise do.
I wish you all a very happy, restful and blessed Christmas.